What a disaster it has been, putting Savannah in a big girl bed. She is so excited to be in a big bed that actually going to bed has been difficult for weeks now! When we put her to bed, she has decided that she wants to snuggle before going to sleep. We give in and snuggle with her for a few minutes, then tell her goodnight and come downstairs. This is followed by a couple hours of her coming downstairs to see us, or going into Ruby's room and waking her up. Then, once she is asleep she usually comes down to our bed at least once in the middle of the night, wanting to again snuggle with us. She also has a space heater in her room that she can't resist. She is constantly turning it way up, so when we go in there it is about 85 degrees in there. Last night was really funny. Scott had taken her up at about 7:30. He came down at about 8 and at about 9 I went up to check on her. Her room was very warm and of course it was an oven in there. I turned down the heater and then she started in wanting to snuggle again. I said no to which she answered, holding up her two little fingers, "Just two minutes, Mommy, snuggle with Sanna," and then she patted her pillow for me to lay down. Of course I could not resist and I laid down with her. I then peaked over at her little face to see her with her eyes closed and a big victory smile on her face! Next she put her little hand under my neck. I just can't resist her sweetness. Maybe it is a mom and dad problem and not a Savannah problem when it comes to going to bed. She has us all figured out!
3 comments:
So cute! Enjoy those moments. I know it's hard. But soon she won't want to snuggle with you anymore.
It will eventually end and she will stay in bed. Try a CD playing quiet music or a story book telling her a story. Tell her she can listen to it. But if she gets up it goes away. The library has books on CD. Good Luck:)
What a sweetie! She is so cute. Ty for letting her talk to me on the phone today.
Love you
I'm telling you - melatonin. :-)
But at the same time, this really will be over before you know it, so snuggle tons and bunches now - you'll be very glad you did.
Of course, none of that helps when it's bedtime and you just want everyone to go to sleep.
Post a Comment