
I have been wanting to learn how to spin yarn for a while and today I went to a class. I bought a drop spindle and tried to teach myself. With no success teaching myself I found a place out in, of all places, Damascus. All the other students were spinning on spinning wheels, and then me with my little drop spindle. The teacher, Joanne was great and today I learned how to spin and ply yarn. Spinning wheels are a lot faster and look like they are a lot easier, but they cost about $500. However, the lady next to me found hers at a thrift store for $35 and then spent another $65 fixing it up. So it looks like I will be shopping thrift stores for a spinning wheel, who would have thought!
1 comment:
I'm so glad my Mom's suggestion worked for you! She so loves that craft school and says nothing but great things about all of the people there. Hope you enjoy it :)
Post a Comment