May 17, 2010
10:43pm8lbs 5 oz, 19 1/4" long
Today I was not feeling well all day. I was having little, uncomfortable contractions off and on all day, but nothing big. After we got the girls in bed, I laid down in our bed to read. I continued having small contractions and at about 8:45pm I was having another one and all of a sudden, I thought oh great I am peeing on myself, (with this being my third pregnancy and being 9 months pregnant it has happened!) but it didn't stop, there was a lot of fluid. I called for Scott and told him my water just broke, where he said, "Yeah, Right!" and lifted up the blanket and said, "OH!" I called Mom and Dad and then my midwife, Peggy, and then my friend Melanie. Melanie came over in about 5 minutes to wait until Mom and Dad got there, and we were off to the hospital for the third time.
On the way to the hospital I had about 4 contractions that were getting a little more intense, but still nothing bad. When we got into the room my contractions were about two minutes apart and getting VERY strong. The nurse, Carol, who I loved, checked me and I was dialated to 4 cm. She got the IV going and checked me again and I was already at 9 cm. We arrived at the hospital at 9:30 and at 10:43 Baby Mae was here!! She made one little cry and then was very quiet. I kept asking if she was ok, because usually babies are crying after they are first born, but Mae was just quiet and content to be there. She seemed so big and so tiny at the same time. Labor was very intense and scary, but it was over so quickly that it doesn't seem so bad anymore.
We are so blessed to have such a sweet, beautiful, healthy baby!
1 comment:
She is so sweet Makelle! Congrats to your whole family! It makes me excited about these last 6 weeks. ;-)
Post a Comment