June 30, 2011

Heading to Utah

A friend from church told me that when going on long road trips with children, she wakes up at around 2 or 3 and puts her kids in the car and it is still dark so they go back to sleep. I thought this was a great idea and since this was our first road trip, and first one by myself with little children, that is what we did. Around 1:30am Ruby came into my room and said, "Mom, you forgot to come get me to ride in the car." I told her it wasn't time yet and she climbed in bed with me. At 3am I put the girls in the car. Mae went right back to sleep but the other two however, did not. I kept telling them to be quiet and close their eyes. I would look back to see them with their eyes closed tight and then they would start whispering. At one point, right before the sun came up, Savannah said, "This is the best day ever!" They were excited for the unknown adventure before us. The trip down was great and we made it to Salt Lake City about 5:30pm

No comments: