August 03, 2013

Girls Camp with Meadows Ward

























Maddie and I got to go to Girls Camp together this year.  Months ago Maddie committed to going with our ward. Last year she went with Nana's ward and had a really awful experience.  The girls kind of bullied her and were mean.  I promised her that it would be different with our ward.  She was super nervous to go and not excited at all.  I was only able to go the last two days and I was nervous going up because I was afraid she was not having any fun.  When I got to camp I knew right away when I saw her face that she was having a great time.  The girls in our ward were so loving and accepting of her and Maddie made lifelong friends with some of them.  I was so thankful to be able to share this experience with her.  We had a great bonding time and our love for each other grew even more.  She kept talking about "next year" when she comes and "when she is a YCL". I had such a great time and was so happy to be there with her.  She is such an amazing girl.  On Friday night, we had a testimony meeting and Maddie told me how thankful she is to have a mom like me. And I am so thankful to have a daughter like her.  She is a great example of goodness and charity to everyone she knows.  I am so thankful that we could share this together and can't wait for next year!

No comments: