Last night Scott was coming upstairs with a glass of water. Before he got to the stairs he tripped over some toy and spilled it everywhere. Needless to say he was upset...then he came upstairs complaining about all the clutter that our kids make. We talked about it and hashed it over and I agreed. Today however, I realized that I am grateful for the clutter. I am grateful for the messes. I am grateful for our cluttered life that is so busy and hectic with these four little kids in our home. Without this clutter there would be no little shoes from little feet. No Legos to kill our feet when we step on them, from little hands creating things. No little foot prints on the door jams from little gymnasts climbing up inside them. No little handprints on my windows from hands and face pressed up against the glass. No soaking wet counter tops from little hands being washes forever. No toys in the bathroom while little kids play on the floor during my shower. So today I am thankful for the clutter and the joy that happens because of the clutter. I am thankful for the noise that comes with that clutter and I am thankful for the blessing of being the mom of these cluttery little kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment