October 05, 2010

Not a time to be selfish

Last year in August I ran my first 10k race!! I was so proud of myself for reaching this goal that I had set. Right after my race I got pregnant with Mae and all my running stopped. I was very excited to start running again and when Mae turned 6 weeks I started. Because she is still so little, and because I have two other little girls, I am so tired each morning and have not been able to make myself get up early to do my running. So, I end up running on our treadmill in the garage while Mae is asleep and the girls play in the garage. The last few weeks I realized that the girls were so grouchy and constantly fighting and at me for more attention. This week I was sick with Mastitis, and did not feel like running. The change in my girls was SO noticable, because I was not taking an hour to hour and a half in the middle of the day to do my running. They were playing better with eachother and it was easier to have more quality time. I realize that this is something very small and very selfish that I was doing during my time with my girls. I love being a stay at home mom. I have a wonderful husband who sacrifices so much so that I can be home with my girls. With Savannah starting preschool this last month, I have realized that my time with my girls is SO short. This is not a time for me to be selfish and take time for me all the time. This is the time that I have to teach them what I know to be important in this life and to show them how much I love them. I am SO thankful for this time that I have with them. They bring Scott and I so much joy. They are so sweet and they deserve my attention during the day. I love my daily life with them. So for now I will either have to wake up a little early or forget about the body I want right now.

No comments: