November 23, 2012

Today the girls wanted to write letters to Santa.  I helped Ruby write her letter.  At the end I said, "What do you want most of all?"  And she said, "To fly like a fairy!" I didn't know what to say to her.  I didn't want to crush her dreams of Santa.  So, I just said, "Ruby, Santa can't bring you everything on your list.  He might not be able to make you fly."  And she looked at me and said, "But mom, he is magic!"  I love Christmas! I love the magic that kids believe in and the excitement they have with Christmas.  Christmas is so great with little kids. Christmas is about the Savior and his birth and the life that he gave for us.  But it is also about the magic. And I want this magic to last as long as possible!

1 comment:

Chris Marsee said...

this is so precious Makelle! Yes, hold onto the magic as long as you can!