We have decided to implement a chore chart at our house. Our girls like to help and I think this will give them a sense of accomplishment and also motivation to help out. On Tuesday, Savannah, wanted to watch a show, so I asked her if she would clear the counter off in her bathroom and make it look really nice. I could here her in there moving around and slamming drawers as she put things away. She came down and asked me if I wanted to see how nice it looked. I went in the bathroom and it looked really good. I told her how happy it makes me when she is helpful and obedient. Then she looked at me and said, "Yes, but it makes you kind of sad too." I said, "Sad?" And she said "Yes, because it means I am growing up and that makes you sad!" Our time with these sweet little children is so short. There is such a small window of time, where we are able to teach them what is important in life. Soon they will know everything there is to know about the world and won't want to listen to their parents. So for now I am going to try to enjoy every minute I have with my girls as they are so young and innocent. And while I am enjoying everyday, I am also a little sad because it does mean they are growing up!
February 02, 2011
Sad
We have decided to implement a chore chart at our house. Our girls like to help and I think this will give them a sense of accomplishment and also motivation to help out. On Tuesday, Savannah, wanted to watch a show, so I asked her if she would clear the counter off in her bathroom and make it look really nice. I could here her in there moving around and slamming drawers as she put things away. She came down and asked me if I wanted to see how nice it looked. I went in the bathroom and it looked really good. I told her how happy it makes me when she is helpful and obedient. Then she looked at me and said, "Yes, but it makes you kind of sad too." I said, "Sad?" And she said "Yes, because it means I am growing up and that makes you sad!" Our time with these sweet little children is so short. There is such a small window of time, where we are able to teach them what is important in life. Soon they will know everything there is to know about the world and won't want to listen to their parents. So for now I am going to try to enjoy every minute I have with my girls as they are so young and innocent. And while I am enjoying everyday, I am also a little sad because it does mean they are growing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is just so sweet Makelle!!
So cute!! Why do they have to be so smart? :)
Post a Comment