September 07, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Well it happened...my first child started kindergarten today! She was SO excited and I was excited for her, but when I left her in her class, I kissed her and said good-bye and she was like see ya later! and I started crying and teared up the entire way home. Walking home in the 90 degree weather, I realized all the things she will be exposed to and it broke my heart. I know it will be good for her and she will grow and become a stronger person as her personality continues to develop, but I am not ready for my time and influence to be over. Ruby was sad to have Savannah gone. She kept asking me when Savannah would be home. I guess I am not as fun as the big sister.

(Yes, those are the other kindergarten kids standing next to her. Some of them are almost a whole head taller than her!)

No comments: