September 24, 2011

Today I was canning with my mother in-law and we were talking about her family records and how she wants to keep a better record of what kind of person she is and what her thoughts are and who she is. I keep up my blog with pictures pretty regularly, but realized I don't often record my thoughts or the day to day happenings of my life. I do this blog mostly for myself forscrapbooking purposes, but believe I am recording our family history by doing this also. So I will try to do better to put more of our story instead of just pictures.
The last few weeks I have been canning like crazy. For our family, I have canned 90 lbs of applesauce, 40lbs of peaches, 34lbs of tomatoes and 30lbs of pears, not to mention all the other fruit I have canned to help my mom, sister and mother in-law. Needless to say I have done a LOT of canning. It is something that is very enjoyable to me. It is a lot of work, but gives me a huge sense of accomplishment to see the beautifully stored fruit inside the glass jars. It is something I have done for my family so they can have good healthy food to eat all year. Being a stay-at-home mom is not the most glamorous job, but is the most fulfilling thing I could do with my time. I love being able to can food for my family and make things for them, that I wouldn't be able to do if I was working outside the home. We are blessed to have a wonderful dad/husband who feels that it is just as important as I feel it is, for me to be home with our kids. He works SO extremely hard to give us everything we have. I love the time that I get to spend with my children and am so thankful it is not for just a few hours each night before they go to bed. It is crazy at times, but it is so worth it and so worth all that we sacrifice. I am thankful for everything we continue to be blessed with and for the happy, simple life we have.

No comments: